CX Aortic Vienna 2023 Abstract Presentation Guidelines
Recording your presentation
Discussion time at CX Aortic Vienna is extremely important and we fiercely protect the five minutes of discussion and Q&A after each talk.
As a result it should be noted that presentations exceeding five minutes will be sent back for editing.
This is non-negotiable, so please check the length before submitting your slides
Preparing your presentation
To facilitate consistency and to ensure readability of slides, please observe the following guidance:
- Please download the template below
- If you do not use the template provided, please ensure the slides are formatted for a 16:9 ratio screen (not 4:3), as per the template
- Add your institution logo to the bottom-right of the first slide
- The CX Aortic logo must remain on the bottom-left of the slide, as per the template
- Use the default blue font for text on all slides, as per the template. This will ensure content can be read easily against the blue background
- If an additional colour is needed alongside the blue, think about the other colour fonts and ensure they’re not too hard to read against the blue background
- Avoid decreasing the font size below 24 as it will be too hard to read
Recording Your Presentation
First, check your microphone is working in Windows Settings > System > Sound > Input > Test your microphone
We strongly recommend using an external microphone or the microphone of a headset for the recording rather than a computer’s built-in microphone. This minimises external noises which will be coming through when the built-in microphone is used.
Open your Presentation in PowerPoint then follow the steps below, or watch this step-by-step video guide to recording audio. Be aware that if you choose to record video for your presentation (rather than just audio), please do not sit in front of a light source otherwise your face will be in silhouette.
- Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show
- Record from the Beginning
- When you’re ready, select Record and start speaking
- Narration won’t record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking
Save Your Presentation
- To create the video, close the recording window and select File > Export > Create a Video
- Important: Ensure the default Presentation Quality values of Full HD (1920 x 1080), and Use Recorded Timings and Narrations are selected
- Click Create Video
- Important: Enter the filename as ‘First name Last name – 1’ (the number applies if you have more than one talk)
- Save as Type ‘MPEG-4 Video’
- The recording will be saved in the background, progress is shown at the bottom of the PowerPoint window
- Playback the new .mp4 file and ensure the presentation is how you want it
CX AV 2022 PowerPoint Template
Record your abstract presentation
Submit your abstract presentation
Manage narration and timings
There are different ways to manage recordings in your presentation:
- Pause – to pause a recording
- Stop – to end a recording
- Replay – to replay a recording
- Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser – use the pen, highlighter, or eraser tools to mark up your recording
Remove narration or timings
An audio icon appears on a slide when narration’s available.
You can also remove narration or timings from your slide.
- If you’re in record mode, select Clear.
- Choose from two options:
- Clear Recording on Current Slide – to delete narration and timings on the current slide
- Clear Recording on All Slides – to delete narration and timings from all slides at once