AUTHORISATION AND LICENCE TO USE AS EDUCATIONAL CONTENT
Biba Medical Ltd (“BIBA”) is in the business of providing education in the medical profession through the holding of medical congresses and the provision of continuing medical education (“CME”) materials. You (“Provider”), have agreed to provide educational content (“Content”) to BIBA for BIBA’s ongoing use for educational and/or research purposes.
It is hereby agreed
- Term of engagement
The Provider shall provide the Educational Content to BIBA, following the guidelines and dates provided, in consideration for a Full Delegate Registration Fee for CX Aortic Vienna 2021 meeting. BIBA Medical will handle the registration.
- Intellectual property
- The Provider hereby assigns to BIBA all its existing and future Intellectual Property Rights (*) in the Works (*) and all materials embodying these rights to the fullest extent permitted by the governing law (*). Insofar as they do not vest automatically by operation of law or under this Agreement, the Provider holds legal title in such rights on trust for BIBA.
- The Provider warrants to BIBA that:
- they have not given and will not give permission to any third party to use any of the Works nor any of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Works;
- they are unaware of any use by any third party of any of the Works or Intellectual Property Rights in the Works; and
- the use of the Works or the Intellectual Property Rights in the Works by BIBA will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- The Provider waives any moral rights in the Works to which they are now or may at any future time be entitled under Chapter IV of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction.
- The Provider undertakes at any time to execute all documents, make all applications, give all assistance and do all acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to vest the Intellectual Property Rights in, and to register them in, the name of BIBA and to defend BIBA against claims that works embodying Intellectual Property Rights infringe third party rights, and otherwise to protect and maintain the Intellectual Property Rights in the Works.
* As defined in our Footnotes
What We Do With Your Data & Presentation
We will use your email to share important announcements about the CX Aortic Vienna 2021 event. This includes reminders and links to access the sessions. We may make limited registration information (your name, speciality, email, institution and country) available to our sponsors.
Some of our sponsors wish to use the material for their own purposes on their own platforms. Intellectual Property Rights will remain the property of BIBA Medical and the repurposed files will include the original CX branding.
- Definitions and rules of interpretation apply in this Agreement (unless the context requires otherwise).
|“Intellectual Property Rights”:
||patents, copyright and related rights, trademarks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered) and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
||all records, reports, documents, papers, drawings, designs, transparencies, photos, videos, graphics, logos, typographical arrangements, software, and all other materials in whatever form, including but not limited to hard copy and electronic form, prepared by the Provider hereunder and comprising the Educational Content.
The headings in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect its construction.
Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and in the plural shall include the singular.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.